The former St. Joseph Academy building is located on the Adrian Dominican Sisters’ campus. The five-story building will be used for academic purposes, classrooms and faculty offices. The building, which formerly served as an elementary and high school since its construction in 1948, underwent renovations to the second floor. Work was completed in August 2016, and it now houses the Education Department. As the University is able to secure funding, the third and fourth floors will be renovated, with future academic programs being relocated to that space once renovations are complete. Total cost of the renovations is approximately $5 million.